Our theme for the year is “Hear the Story, Share the Story, Live the Story.”
The “Story” is the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
We will focus our programming this year around opportunities for us to:
• Hear the Story told to us from different perspectives and in different voices
• Share the Story of how our lives have been transformed by our relationship with Jesus
and our participation in the Body of Christ, the church
• Live the story by proclaiming the Good News of the Gospel in word and deed
through our mission and ministry efforts
We hope the members of our church will embrace this opportunity to engage hearts and minds as we learn about, share, and live out our faith!
• Worship: We are going back to two services EVERY Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
o Our 8:30 a.m. services will alternate between Celebrate services (contemporary worship style)
and Taize services (contemplative worship style).
o Our 10:30 a.m. services will be in the traditional style.
• Visit of Presbyterian mission worker Kurt Esslinger from South Korea on Wednesday, September 20
o Kurt will share with the kids at Wednesday Night Live and then offer an adult forum at 7:00 p.m.
• Invite your friends to worship services
o “Blessing of the Pets” service in Alexander Park Sunday, September 17, at 8:30 a.m.
o “Hastings College Sunday” will feature the HC choir (and celebration of World Communion)
on Sunday, October 1, at the 10:30 a.m. service.
o On Sunday, October 29, we will celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant
Reformation with special activities during worship followed by a German-themed
• Bible studies on Tuesdays at 12 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 a.m. led by Pastor Greg
• United Harvest Distribution September 16
o Volunteer at either (or both) shifts: 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
• Volunteer opportunities at Wednesday Night Live
o Contact Stephanie Brader for details.
Feel free to print the attached flyer: hear, share , live the story flyer