Dear First Presbyterian Church Family,
Can you believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I am grateful for our beloved First Presbyterian family this year.
In addition to Thanksgiving, the Season of Advent is upon us! Below are some links and announcements:
- Hang-Out (virtually) with Pastor Damen and me:Pastor Damen and I recorded our informal Bible study chat called the Monday Check-in. It’s really just like hanging out with us and listening to us chat about the bible and the life of the church. You can listen to it like a radio broadcast or download like a podcast by clicking here: https://soundcloud.com/damen-heitmann/112320-monday-check-in If you prefer to see our smiling faces, you can watch it on YouTube by clicking here: https://youtu.be/yEEkE2s6FlQ
- Advent/Christmas Parking Lot Hymn Sing: Because we cannot worship in-person during Advent, but we don’t want to miss the opportunity to sing our favorite Advent and Christmas hymns, you are invited to come down to the church parking lot at 12noon every Sunday in Advent to join us as we sing some of our favorite Advent and Christmas hymns. We will do this November 29, December 6, 13, and 20 at noon.
- City-Wide (virtual) Church Choir Opportunity:Do you remember the amazing virtual Chancel choir recording of Be Thou My Vision we did over the summer? Now is your chance to be part of a recording like that led by Tom Michalek. Here are the details:
We need YOU to sing with us (from home) for our Christmas Eve (Virtual) Choir! Please submit a video of yourself singing along! It’s EASY!
- Play this video: https://youtu.be/s4zIkPrZ24Iof Tom Michalek singing, on your computer, with headphones or earbuds plugged in.
- Meanwhile, prop your Smart Phone nearby, with the video camera recording you singing along!
- Send your video to Tom, either via email (email@example.com) or text (402.699.2342), by Nov. 30.
Your video will then be added with many others from FPC, First United Methodist Church, Grace United Methodist Church, First St. Paul’s Church, and more churches, to create our Christmas Eve video. No, the perfect singing voice is not required! There is safety in numbers, and sound editing can be a beautiful thing! 🙂 No one will hear your individual voice, but we do miss your FACE and want to SEE YOU! Invite your family to submit videos as well, whether they live here or far away! ALL ages, from 3 to 103! Questions? Contact Tom: 402-699-2342. https://youtu.be/viu1zcdpay8
Have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend!