According to Jody Stutsman, program coordinator for Proteus, there is a great need for long sleeve work shirts for migrant workers this summer. These shirts protect the workers from the sun and exposure to agricultural chemicals. While you are doing your spring cleaning, if you find long sleeve shirts you are no longer using, please bring them and place them in the specially marked tub outside the Hands Around the World Store. If you would like to participate in the distribution of the shirts to the workers in early July, please email Denny Storer ([email protected]) for details. Then feel free to browse the fine selection of fair trade coffee, chocolate, textiles and jewelry in Hands Around the World Store.
- In Loving Memory of Shirley Johnson 12/24/1929 – 07/02/2018
- Go & Serve Garage Sale Was a Success!!!
- In Loving Memory of Edith W. Farnham, 05/12/1920 – 05/21/2018
- Volunteers Needed for Project Homeless Connect-Hastings on Thursday, June 28 (Updated)
- United Harvest: Offering Food and Raising Awareness – Saturday, July 21